Thursday, October 31, 2013

today...again


It's October 31st with a slight morning overcast and beautiful fall colors.

I have scanned a listing of friends in the facebook world and there are plenty whose name evokes a memory, people whom I miss and then there are people who have passed.

I remember the first facebook friend who passed....seeing people share memories in John's status.

What will they write when we pass?

What will it matter?

I am touched by several things this morning.
I am not sure it matters to me what anyone writes or thinks of me. Accolades are always nice, but I can't help but think, as much as peer pressure, even for this 50 year old man is real, I can't help but think, of things that really matter....people....today.

My shoes don't matter
Nor does the color or lack of hair.

What matters is today - the here and now
the leaves
the people - the people we have left
what matters is love and understanding and peace (I think there's a song in there somewhere)

Those names that scrolled by, well some are gone - I miss them - it can hurt
there is pain in this world. and then I look at the leaves. I am in awe. and I long for another day when I will be in awe.

"the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us" God




No comments: