Saturday, December 07, 2013

kindness, don't ask for much

There's a song I listened to a lot last year. "Kindness" by Ryan Adams. 
A friend of mine, Adam, once said that all Ryan Adams does is write good songs, in this case, Ryan did. 
Ryan Adams

The lyrics are what hit home- 
If you're so kind can you let down your hand?
Can you let down your hand if your so kind?
And then - 
If you're so strong can you shelter the weak?
Will you listen as the strangers speak?  Bring them calm?

I have always felt I was kind, at least when I wanted to be kind. I was kind when people deserved my kindness, when they earned it. 

And then something started happening. I started seeing people differently, I saw them with less and less judgement and more and more love. Even those people I don't like. Even those people whose appearance(s) I struggle with. Even those that irritate me. 

You see, I am starting to treat others as I want to be treated. 

the chorus of the song goes like this....."kindness, don't ask for much, but an open mind"

so whatever you wish others would do to you, do also to them - - God

judge not and you will not be judged - - God

open your mind and heart to God for He is real, true and never changing. 



<>

No comments: