Sunday, January 05, 2014

my relationship w/wood


I am in a relationship with wood, wood of many different colors, textures and hardness, even woods of different ages.

Today I may love the white wood more  and tomorrow the dark brown one and quite often I love the purple one the best.

penter I met once told me, " a good carpenter can fix any mistake", I knew the guy for 30 minutes and couldn't tell you what he looked like, but I will never forget his words.

I am self-taught, at most things in life - guitar/music, gardening, woodworking and painting & drawing.

These crosses have been fixed a lot during their creation. The beams don't always match up, sometimes I affix them differently and they have a lot of issues in aspects that would, quite frankly, bore you. Yet, wood is wonderful. Truly wonderful.


No comments: