Tuesday, July 11, 2006

concerts

So...my concert buddy left me and I am left alone. John will hit any jazz oriented concert I ask him to go to and my dad and Gerry will hit guitar sit down shows; that leaves me by myself to hit the bar hopping/brawling be at the stage front and center shows by myself. I have asked my oldest son who just wants to mosh and be carried by the crowd to go to Devotchka but he stood me up.
So Fiona Apple and Damien Rice are playing the Tweeter in Camden, the country's most dangerous city (no lie) and Muse is playing Electric Factory and has sold-out ( i am kicking myself) and I am debating getting Snow Patrol tix's before they sell-out 'cause they are getting some serious air time w/Chasing Cars.
Now let it be known that my daughter already has Snow Patrol tix's cause I bought them for a canceled show whose date I could not attend, gave the tickets to my daughter and one of her best friends and the show has since rescheduled to a date I can attend.

I have three friends that hit a movie "solo" all the time...probably once a week @ minimum. I have never seen a movie by myself. Movies are not "social activites" in of themselves, but the after parties are. The thought provoking discussions after a movie are what counts. I have never desired to see a movie by myself, BUT I love "live music" and really enjoy being a part of the show/audience.

What's a poor boy to do?
A. Find another fellow concert goer?
B. Attend Concerts by himself?
C. Spend all his time blogging about his miseries?
D. None of the above.

I have tickets to see Ray Lamontagne and Guster this Thurs @ 7:00
Taylor!
Sean!
Aryn!

First dibs!

as an FYI....I am going to really try to get Muse tix's...you always want what you could have had but didn't get and now I have to seriously find a way to get 'em.
Snow Patrol...I am buying my tix this week. Thanks for all your help!

No comments: