Sunday, October 31, 2010

mornings

I awoke this morn' and was thankful for the day. Hard to believe I have another day before me and I think; what will I do with this day, what will I make of this day, what could possibly stand out and make this day any brighter or sunnier or lively and full of life?

And then I think of Him, yes, God, how He loves everybody and I do mean EVERYBODY, God doesn't choose me over you or you over me, He loves us all.

And I think of how we all fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) and how we are all sinners, that we all are imperfect, we are just "men".

And I think of my sons and how obedient they are to me and me to my dad and how Jesus was obedient to His father and did what was asked of Him....and yes, He did it for us. For us to live not only eternally of which He promised, but also to live now, right now with joy and peace.

So let us take this day as it is, as a gift and unwrap it slowly enjoying the moments and the people with love as He loves.

No comments: