Monday, October 11, 2010

Time w/Dad


It's Monday night and spent some time watching Pawn Stars and American Pickers with my dad, but before we did that I baked some pizzas. They were surprisingly good. I didn't think the dough was going to come out good, but it did.

Nothing spectacular happened during the meal or the television watching; we traded some info/knowledge we had and enlightened each other, but mostly we just enjoyed the pizza and the time.

That is something I am taking more advantage of..."time". Time is so precious and I have been letting it slip away and not taking advantage of moments and the opportunities those moments present. Finding the time to make the dough and letting it rise. finding the time to make time for dinner w/dad. Finding the time to make the calls to the people we care about.

These are the things I am trying to accomplish.

I went to an oldie, but goody today- "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Galatians 5.

I really like the part about "against such things there is no law"; what I think I have found, in life is that if you practice the fruits of the Spirit there really is no law against them. Always take the lower road, the opposite of what the world wants. When we do these things, our life is fuller and more complete and most of all...much more satisfying.

Let me practice these things for I lack "self-control" and "gentleness" and I am not always very "kind". May I find peace and joy in all of the fruits as I learn how to be like them.

No comments: