Saturday, February 14, 2015

laying down one's life for a friend

There is much here!! What started out as a simple lead into the verse - "Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends". And then it led to the fact that we are not servants of Christ, but "friends".

And FRUIT - FRUIT - FRUIT - bear fruit. Oh how I hope I am. I think I am. Fruit is usable. Are my actions in the world causing fruit to be developed? Is that fruit for the greater good of God?
I think to worry about this, is, in the words of Solomon - "meaningless". 

If you let Jesus be the "vine", and He is a GOOD vine., and of you are the branch, and you let God prune you as a branch....cutting out portions of YOUR branch, that well....need cutting out. If you let that all happen - you ARE being fruitful. 

Our fruit is not measured by man or by ourselves. For God knows the vine well.....it is his son. And from the vine come the branches.....we, the branches, bearing fruit to glorify God, by loving others and treating them as such as our father treats us. Hallelujah amen, hallelujah amen.

There was a time when I would read God's word and I felt like I was going in circles. None of it would make sense. It happens. But if we actively seek out the truth. We will find it. 100% guaranteed. 

No comments: