Tuesday, June 03, 2014

justified

I justify my actions. 

I find confidence in my decisions for me, for those decisions are for me, by me and to benefit me.  

I justify my actions. 

your tongue is a rudder
it steers the whole ship
sends your words past your lips or keeps them safe behind your teeth
but the wrong words will strand you*

I justify my actions

What I need to do is let God justify me and not me justify me. 

a) No human being can tame the tongue. 

b) From the same mouth come blessings and cursings. 

c) By your good conduct let your work show in the meekness of your wisdom. 

So many things I have said to others, my friends, my family, my spouse, my co-workers and the list goes on. My tongue is dangerous. Lord, God, let my tongue hesitate, let my words be used to uplift others (((and not myself!!!)))

Let no corrupting talk come of of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up as fits the occasion that it may give grace to those who hear it. 


*Play Crack the Sky lyrics by Brand New
All other words in blue are God's


No comments: