Monday, January 23, 2012

dijon mustard, I love you


I love a good hot dog, honest I do. Simple food, topped with dijon and of course, no ketchup. The breaking of bread and sharing of food. Sacred for all time.

I don't think life gets much better then when you are sharing food and life with others.

For the basics remain - - food, shelter and clothing
To have these things, these basics, are blessings beyond what we can imagine. We need to relish in them, give thanks and praises to Him who provides for He is good and great.

Taking the low road, the road of low recognition, the road to; not about me, but about you....well that is hard. SO hard, so very, very hard. Even when singing at church...."it's all about you Jesus" somehow the "you" get's replaced with me in my mind....forgive me Father.

Let's be salty....salty, salty, salty so salty that when people see and hear you that they know the goodness. They know the Christ! The truth and the light. Let our words and actions permeate the air with the aroma of the goodness of Jesus Christ.
This IS our calling. This IS our duty as believers.

Dinner was good tonight.....albeit spent with a hot dog on the 8:45 PM train out of DC and no one else....no one else that is, but you. Thanks for listening.


"But knowledge puffs up while love builds up. Those who think they know something do not yet know as they ought to know. But whoever loves God is known by God."    God's Word


No comments: