Sunday, June 24, 2012

4 rules of speaking


Look at the ships also: though they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things.


One of my counselors....yes, one. Wrote this down for me 
about 18 months ago...it is finally sinking in.


four excellent rules of speaking
1 - before you speak...is it necessary?
2 - before you speak is what you are about to say helpful?
3 - does what you are going to say edify?
4 - is what you are going to say being said in loving kindness?


I have a long way to go with this, but slowly and by practice it is working and I like the results.


(a special thanks to Margaret and my children for putting up with my speaking the longest and also a few key others indicating I really needed a filter)


No comments: