Saturday, June 02, 2012

God's work has no payback



When you decide, that is if you decide, to do the work of God, the living and almighty God, you must understand that there is no payback; not in this lifetime. 


God has promised us eternal life ((Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever)) Psalms


But, in this life, here today and now, the payback is not to be seen or found. IN FACT "blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" Matthew


I admit, I am a hypocrite such a hypocrite that I got the spelling right, but again, it is by the grace of God that I and all other professed believers in the faith go before you. 


Walking in the light of God is such a joy, such a peace and yet my earthly/manly instincts fight for control of me- over and over and over....never ceasing, but it is by the grace of God I go before you. 


I want so badly to be a better man. A man after God's own heart and herein lies my struggle. 
I am selfish
I think unkind things
I want things
I can be mean
I can show anger


but it is by the grace of God I go before you. 


I hurt people
I am for me


It has been said that God loves me.....and you......ALL OF YOU. EVERYONE OF YOU. and this is where I strive, strive to love like He did, knowing full well I cannot compare, but yet PUSHING and WORKING towards that love, that love without return, that giving without return until, until, until He calls me home. 


Till then may I show you and you and you and you, the grace that has been apportioned for me.


for it is by the grace of God I can stand before you.  

No comments: