Saturday, April 20, 2013

things I have learned (so far)

    Love to Love & Give to Give
                           
Of everything I have learned in life, from the awesomeness of the Beatles to not blindly sticking your hand in an evergreen tree (bees!!!). Loving to love and giving to give ranks as the most important of all.

If you are going to love, love. Do so without a return expectation and do the same with any giving you should do. 

It is easy for this writer, to love and give to those outside my family without any expectations in return, but I admit, it isn't as easy with my parents and siblings. As a matter of fact, I have no problem taking from them, but giving and loving? That's a difficult thing for me. And then giving time?! - wow, that is a whole other discussion?

I have always had a hard time in giving my time to my parental family and this bled into the family I started. I think I have done better then expected, but gee, the cliche' of wishing I knew then what I know now holds very true. 

So here we stand with the reversing of time impossible and what have we learned?

If you should love, love. Do so, to do so. 

If you should give, give, and do so, to do so. 

And I think we should all do so. 

No comments: