Tuesday, May 07, 2013

motivation/confidence and where we find it

 "the world could be fixed of it's problems if every child understood the necessity of their existence" Dwight D. Eisenhower

When I am confident I feel strong and when I am not I wonder where it is from that I gain said confidence and where does my motivation come from. I am struck with such phrases as- git er done and just do it.  There's also this quote - "To the degree we are willing to be ourselves is the degree to which we can honestly feel loved. The risk is always rejection." D. Miller

Do you wonder where you get your motivation from?

Do you wonder from wherein you gain confidence?


I blog about this thought process quite a bit and primarily because quite often, all of the mistakes and errors I have made come to a head and cause me to stumble. Billy Joel sings - "you're only human, you're allowed to make your share of mistakes". And yet myself, and I am sure others, dwell in their mistakes and errors. And it is hitting me. What if we did understand the necessity of our existence? What if we were just ourselves, in all of our glory, mistakes and all. Past history, errors, poor judgement and so on and so forth...need I go on?

Jesus calls it grace. You know that song isn't called Amazing Grace for nothing. his grace is amazing. More oft then not, the hardest person to offer forgiveness to is ourselves. 

So how do we do it? Where do we find it? 

I could be wrong, but for me I know, I get it from others. Their encouragement, their smiles, their knowing acceptances. I do not believe this is the same for all of us, although some may beg to differ.

So....the pig isn't finished and is a story unto itself. I need some motivation to finish it and will find it soon. 

But what motivates you? Where do you get your confidence from? Please share. 
Peace, grace and love. 

No comments: