Friday, September 15, 2006

the ride home

this is what my ride home looked like the other day from the big city. the window of the train was smitten with the grime of the city. the city was cast with the shadows of the clouds and yet the thoughts of the gazer were of pleasant things.
Homeless people I know:
Yolanda- usually outside of the Rite Aid with a sign. Very nice. Sometimes is reading a bible.
Carl- Plays guitar for the transit folk for which I am greatful. He plays some great blues; Neil Young and Dylan. I am fairly sure he is an addict.
Rob- Rob is truly, truly homeless. We once bought a coat rack from him for 10 bucks. He is the most present of the three.
Willie- Willie pretends to be homeless but is really a serious alcoholic. I once ran into him in the bank making a deposit I don't give him contributions anymore.
One eyed-Jack- I think his real name is John. He's very cool.
They all live in the city viewed from the window. I sit and type at my desk in my house, they are uncomfortable with themselves...how do I tell them about Jesus?

No comments: