Tuesday, September 05, 2006

MID-LIFE

HA! If only I knew this was 1/2 way through my life @ 43 years old. So I am watching a video of my rock-star debut @ camp last August when I rocked out doin' some praise and worship with three other guitar players...and I watch the video and...wait...no...yes...there it is....my head bent down as I look to see what I am playing on my guitar and I saw it....my bald spot. My youngest son is always readily pointing it out...this was my first glimpse of it....it DOES EXIST! HOLY COW!

I have been thinking a LOT lately....what am I doing...where am I going....what else do I want to do?? What if I truly had only a year left to live....would I work? Would I play??? Would I travel??? It is hard to fathom that question cause we all know...when it is our TIME....IT'S OUR TIME and when the BIG MAN calls us home...well we have better accomplished what we have wanted to accomplish....I have been thinking a lot about MOTIVATION lately. What is it that motivates me....recognition...a pat on the back seems to come to mind. Self-motivated...that is what I want, to be 100% self-motivated to succeed w/o wanting the pat on the back.

BRB have to go tuck the young one in ...he has his first day of High School tomorrow.
Stay put...

I'm back!!

Prayer, fellowship, teaching & the breaking of bread...these four things are what is important to me....I long to see and acknowledge the sunset daily. I want to see His handiwork in all things. I want to stop being cynical, I want to stop getting angry. I want to live a life for Him who gives life. Pray for me...and I for you.
Next time you see me...take a look @ my baldspot...it's pretty cool.

1 comment:

adam said...

bald spots do not hold rock stars back. live it up.