Tuesday, November 15, 2005

first car


The car on the right is very similar to my first car....a 1970 429 Super Cobra Jet Gran Torino. I paid 800.00 for it and got about 6 miles per gallon. It was candy apple red with a scoop on the hood...it was bad. I sold it for 1,200 once I found out a 4 cylinder Toyota Celica Liftback got something like 30 miles per gallon. I never got a ticket w/the Torino but got a speeding ticket within a week of owning the Celica....It really zipped around. And your first car was __________????

3 comments:

flick said...

My first car was a 1908 VW Rabbit. Impressed? Wait...it had manual steering, vinyl interior, and a/c...you didn't need the key to play the radio. 38 mpg.

flick said...

uummm...1980 VW...

Kristen said...

1988 Grand Am. Had that car until 2002. By the end of it's life, it sometimes didn't run, had a ceiling that drooped to the dash, a sunroof that leaked when it turned, and occasionally the breaks didn't work. It was a champ.