Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lainey


Elaine is sitting on the far left. This pic was taken the nite of the church Christmas party. We did a big production for the talent show with our house band performing complete with slide show and the lyrics to Lean on Me showing. The pics were of lots of members of the church and it solidified this church as a family, a body, an imitation of Christ. We had everyone sing along to the classic Bill Withers tune, and they did.
Back to Lainey...Elaine. Elaine lost her father over a year ago. Her nearest blood relative is her brother in Tennessee.
After covering Lean on Me and watching the slide show everyone started cleaning up and reassemblying the auditorium.
Elaine approached me and said this:
"People ask me all the time why I don't move down to be with my brother and I always answer them with...I can't leave my church, it's my family"
I am happy to report I feel the same. My church is my family. I love them so much. We experience so much together. I love my dad, mom, brothers & sisters, but there is something about that bond of Christ that surpasses all.
Thank you Elaine, thank you.

No comments: