Saturday, March 10, 2012

thumbs up for rock 'n' roll ! ! ! !


There's this ultra cool youtube vid of a kid who just learned to ride his bike and his dad asks him to relay the experience. 


"I feel...I feel...I feel...I feel happy of myself"


"Everybody! I know you can believe in yourself!"


"anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it" Jesus


I love watching and listening to little children. They are so precious and so ready to trust. I will not forget when our youngest son Taylor asked me for the truth....the truth about Santa. I felt like Jack Nicholson from A Few Good Men when he spouts off about the masses not being able to handle the truth. I didn't think Taylor could handle the truth. But I asked him, "do you really want to know?", "yes," he replied. "No, Taylor, do you REALLY want to know the truth?", "yes, daddy, please". "Okay," I said, and then I told him the truth. Taylor got angry with me, so very angry, would not talk to me and cut me off for two days. No words, just hurt, anger and sorrow. 


Taylor believed whatever we told him. Blindly, innocently and without question. I watch and listen to young children and they believe in God that way. When Jesus says we must receive the kingdom of God like a little child, I want to do so. BLINDLY and INNOCENTLY and WITHOUT an OUNCE of doubt. I want that doubt to shrink into oblivion. 


I am sorry for not having enough wisdom to not ever lie to any of my children about Santa. I should have started with the truth there. They all turned out a-okay though. 


More importantly I want myself and family to have that belief, that BLIND BELIEF in GOD. 
That INNOCENCE. that trust. 


I want to always "feel happy of myself" and declare a "thumbs up for rock 'n' roll" and a thumbs up for God. 

No comments: