Tuesday, October 31, 2006

TOP 10

Join the fray...
So my son, Taylor asks me where Queen ranks in the top bands of all time list.
I figure Queen is underrated in America and overtly appreciated in England.

This is all I have so far...
Beatles
U2
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd

Classic Rock??? Who me?
Which reminds me....add The Who to that list.

Who I would put on the list that others might not agree with:
Bill Withers...go ahead name two songs he did!
Electric Light Orchestra
Bruce Springsteen
Devotchka
Neil Young

At one time I would have included Radiohead in that list...today, not so sure, I really don't know their music well enough.
Growing up I would have also included The Police in that mix, but what about David Bowie and Hendrix??
And there is always Chicago...am I showing my age?
and then I think....what about Christian music...hmmm top Christian band for me??? Hmmm....Rich Mullins is an easy choice, but I am really liking the Newsboys and David Crowder and Audio Adrenaline (BTW--they are breaking up) has certainly been around.
I guess the Newsboys would be the fave next to Burlap to Cashmere whose one album is amazing just like you.

No comments: