Tuesday, September 06, 2005

1st Concerts for 1,000, Alex...


Who is Peter Frampton, Lynyrd Skynyrd and the J. Geils Band.
That's my 1st show; all for 14.50 (including ticketmaster charges) on June 11th, 1976. Skynyrd was awesome! The show was held @ JFK stadium for 110,000 people...( I later saw U2 on the Joshua Tree tour there). It was quite an experience for a 13 year old sans parents.
The JFK Stadium was also the site for Live Aid and was the home for many a Army/Navy game before being imploded and replaced with the current Wachovia Center, home of the former world champion Sixers and Flyers. The albums depicted above represent the albums I bought prior to going to the show to become familiar with the bands...they were both double-live albums.
So....what was your 1st show?

3 comments:

adam said...

Sadly my first show wasa country and western show--Vince Gill opened for George Strait at the Indiana State Fair...ouch. I actually still like George Strait.

Tater_Pez said...

I heard that DC Talk tour was awesome!
Can't say I am a fan of Journey.
BB King...goosebumps

Anonymous said...

journey!!!!!!
eeewwwwww!!!!