Saturday, August 06, 2005

Responsibility

There is something about waking up today that was different.....see I am going to Camp Manatawny to counsel a cabin full of boys and my wife, the gorgeous one, will be going as well as my three kids....so I woke up this AM, knowing that I was done work for a week, knowing that I was in God's presence and that I didn't have too worry about staffing and cash issues and all of that retail stuff that I know and love. I woke up knowing that for the next 7 days I would be totally concentrating on God and relationships. I have to tell you....I love reality but at the same time despise it....When I see the homeless, the sick and hurting I know that there is something greater then this and I do not want to be a part if this world because I believe in a much bigger place...Heaven. I woke up peacefulth is morning because rather then "escape reality" thru drugs, alcohol or by running away and shrugging responsibility or one of the other 8 million ways to escape reality....rather then do any or all of that.....I will escape reality via camp.....where it is about as close to heaven as a place I have ever been....where everyone smiles and says good morning. Where the TV doesn't even get seen, where you don't hear the weather you just wait for it....where people hug you 'cause they love you and where people do things for you because they know what was done for them (on the cross). Where people forgive one another w/o even thinking about it. You see....I believe in a far greater place, heaven and for the next 7 solid days I am going to get to taste it......

No comments: